Medicare Advantage plans are also called Medicare Part C.
They are Health plans run by Medicare approved private insurance companies.
The best way to understand the difference between Original Medicare and a Medicare Advantage is simply this:
The Medicare Advantage plan works just like your Group Health Plan you have or had when you were working. The Medicare Advantage plan has Office Visit Co Pays, it has Deductibles, it has Max out of Pocket Limits, it has drug coverage, and it has a Network of Providers just like your Group Health Plan.
Read more on our blog: Medicare Advantage Plans the Nuts and Bolts!
So how do you decide?
Original Medicare with Supplement
- The easiest, most hassle-free plan to use.
- You can see any provider you want as long as they take Medicare.
- No copay’s or network providers to keep up with
- Monthly premiums are much higher
- Great choice for folks who want to save money and don’t mind a copay
- Covers Doctor, Hospital and Drug all in one plan
- Includes extra benefits like, dental, vision, gym membership and more
- Always remember a Medicare Advantage plan is a network-based plan, meaning you must stick to a network of doctors and hospitals, except in an emergency
- Many plans have a ZERO cost monthly premium
Request a quote
Call Today! (833) 777-4279
8am – 5pm Monday – Friday
We Are Always Available During Office Hours